If you are wondering what to grow on your farm or how to produce what the markets are asking for, the information below may be of some use. Hope it helps and Think Stokes First!
From the Restaurant News magazine daily updates:
The National Restaurant Association's "What's Hot in 2012" survey of nearly 1,800 professional chefs – members of the American Culinary Federation (ACF) – reveals that children's nutrition and local sourcing will be the hottest trends on restaurant menus in 2012.
The chefs also identified smartphone apps and tablet computers as the top technology trends. In addition, 6 out of 10 chefs said they would consider a food truck as an entrepreneurial business venture.
The top 10 menu trend predictions include:
1. Locally sourced meats and seafood
2. Locally grown produce
3. Healthful kids' meals
4. Hyper-local items
5. Sustainability as a culinary theme
6. Children's nutrition as a culinary theme
7. Gluten-free/food allergy-conscious items
8. Locally produced wine and beer
9. Sustainable seafood
10. Whole grain items in kids' meals